Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm Back...

... and I'm lazy.  I didn't work out, like I had planned, while I was gone.  It just didn't seem to be that important after 1,200+ miles and 18 hours of driving.  But, I did learn a few important things on this trip:

1.  You are not going to go to the gym after you have been in the car for five or six hours, no matter what you think.  (Maybe if you were riding part of the time, but I was by myself this trip.)
2.  I, personally, am not going to work out in the mornings.  I hate mornings, and when I wake up, I don't have the energy to go to the gym.  I scarcely have the energy to grumble and make coffee.
3.  If you are determined to work out on a trip, take something, like a jump rope or weights, so you can work out in your room.
4.  If you are me, then resign yourself to the fact that you are not going to do it, and plan for that by working extra hard before you go, or planning to make it up when you get back.

Of course, having learned all these nifty things, I am going to have start up again tonight.  That means I'll be running in the middle of the bloody night, since it's supposed to hit 100 degrees here today.  Oh, goody, just what I wanted - heat stroke!!!  But it has to be done....

~ The Fat Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment