Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The Fat Kid, Day 8

(Program Details: Walk 10 min.; For 10 min., alternate 1 min. walk, 1 min. running; Walk 5 min.)

Last night was Day 8.  I missed working out Sunday, due to illness.  But I'm back now, and tonight I'm going to make up for my missed day, by doubling up - I will be doing Days 8 & 9 together.  (That means running and upper-body strength training.)

I had to do laps around my neighborhood last night, since I got home from dinner with my Aunt rather late.  I should know that I won't get home on time when I go out with friends and family, but somehow, I can always convince myself that I'll be home with plenty of time to spare.... Yeah, Right!

So the Old Broad and the Spindle are off to the beach.  The Old Broad says she has missed too many days now, so she is going to have to start again at Day 1.  Let this be a lesson to you ladies, either get in it to win it, or find a simple routine that you can do even when you miss days.  Now, don't get me wrong, I'm really proud of my Mom, she is really trying.  But I have made a commitment to doing this program.  Since it builds on your training, day after day, you really have to commit yourself to doing it.  I feel certain the Old Broad will be at this as soon as her flitting about with my niece is over.  Won't you, Mom???

As for the run last night - it was a great night.  We are finally out of the 19 day streak of 90+ degree heat, so it wasn't as miserable as it has been.  (One night last week, it was still 96 degrees when I went out to run, at 7:30!)  Last night was cooler, but there were a lot more hills.  My legs are still burning from them.

Finally, I think it's time to enlist the help of my bff, P.J.  (And yes, I have more than one bff - three, to be exact, all from different places and times in my life, and all loved equally!!)

P.J. is amazing!  No only is she gorgeous, but she has the most amazing body, which is logical, since she is a body builder.  Yes, she is a real live girl body builder, with an adorable (and huge) body builder hubby.  P.J. is one of my oldest friends and my go-to girl when I need advice on eating and strength training.  Since I'm not really taking off fat, I am going to ask her to help me set up an eating plan (one that is realistic, unlike so many of the "diets" out there) so I can lose some fat.  I'll let you know what she prescribes, but I warn you, it won't be fun!  Stay tuned....

~ The Fat Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment