Sunday, July 25, 2010

The Fat Kid, Day 7

Today, I am almost too sore to type.  I went rock climbing yesterday.  It was hard. H.A.R.D.  Hard!  I haven't been in a few years now, and I had forgotten exactly how much it hurts... the next day.  My forearms were sore when I was climbing, but that passed once I got off the wall.  But today.... Oh, Heavens Above!! I can barely move.  My back hurts.  My legs hurt.  My arms hurt.  Places I can't even identify hurt.  Uhg... and I was thinking I would run today.  Nope, not gonna happen.  I will make my very, very best effort tomorrow, but I make no promises.

The good news is, no smoking.  Which means (a lot) more money every month to spend on something good for me.  I'm thinking of joining the climbing gym down the road from my office.  It looks like a great place and has a lot of extra perks - like a yoga studio, which would give me a chance to stretch out these very old, tired, fat-covered muscles before I climb.  Maybe I won't hurt as bad??  No, I'll still hurt for a while, but it'll be a good hurt!!  I'll let you know when I return after next week's trip and get to see the place in person...

~ The Fat Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment